| A+ Guide to Managing & Maintaining Your PC, 8th Edition
Catalog Course Description: This course examines the theory of operating systems and how the operating system theory is implemented in current operating systems.
Purpose of the Course: To demonstrate what operating systems are, what they do, how they do it, how their performance can be evaluated, and how they compare with each other. To describe the complexities of the operating system without going into intricate detail.
This Web site has been designed to help you get the most out of this course. Please browse through the site and get familiar with all of its features.
- All CPT257 class announcements, e-mail, and our official gradebook can all be found in Blackboard. CPT257 assignments and tests will also be administered through our Blackboard server. CPT257 will not be using WebCT this semester.
- Try our new CPT257 Online Lecture Podcasts for students who want to listen to lectures on their iPods and media players.
- Create a user account for the Forum and participate in the topics that interest you with other students, past and present, in our various classes. You can participate in any of the many discussion topics, even those for other classes.
- Catch up on CPT257 lectures by clicking Online Lectures or Online Lecture mp3 Podcasts. You can watch the slides narrated by the instructor or listen to mp3 soundtracks of the lectures.
- Current Chapter Lecture Slides will be posted and they are also available on the Student Drive (S: Drive) in the Open Labs at school in the “BSanders” folder.
- For students interested in A+ Certification, a list of helpful Web sites for this valuable certification is available here.
- Browse through the hundreds of informative Web site links that have been collected especially for our students by clicking the Links Directory in the Resources menu. Please add any of your favorite links that you feel other students can benefit from.
- Try out our online Geek Glossary. Thousands of computer terms from our courses are defined in a user friendly database, a big help when studying class material.
- Take part in the online Poll on beausanders.org and let your opinions be known!
- Add your e-mail address to our mailing lists by clicking on the Subscribe button on the Main Menu.
This web site is intended for the exclusive use of students in this class. The purpose of this site is to provide copies of study materials and other resources that will help in the successful completion of this course. Students are encouraged to visit this site regularly and take advantage of these resources.
Many documents on this web site are in Portable Document Format (.pdf) and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print. If you cannot open .pdf files on your computer, click this link in install the FREE version of Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.