Catalog course description: This course is a study of the processes and techniques required to identify the most attractive design solution of a telecommunications network-combining creativity, rigorous discipline, analysis, and synthesis – while emphasizing the solution in terms of cost and performance.
Purpose of the course: Provide students in the Networking program with a capstone course that is designed to reinforce their skills in implementing, configuring, and maintaining a local area network to include physical configuration, logical configuration, security configuration, and wide area network connectivity.
This Web site has been designed to provide additional support materials for IST260 students. Please browse through the site and get familiar with all of its features.
- Create a user account for the Discussion Board and participate in the topics that interest you with other students, past and present, in our various classes.
- Browse through the hundreds of informative Web site links that have been collected especially for our students by clicking the Links Directory in the Resources menu. Please add any of your favorite links that you feel other students can benefit from.
- Try out our online Geek Glossary. Thousands of computer terms from our courses are defined in a user friendly database, a big help when studying class material.
- Take part in the online Poll on beausanders.org and let your opinions be known! New polls are posted every few months.
- Add your e-mail address to our mailing lists by clicking on the Subscribe button on the Main Menu.
This web site is intended for the exclusive use of students in this class. The purpose of this site is to provide copies of study materials and other resources that will help in the successful completion of this course. Students are encouraged to visit this site regularly and take advantage of these resources.
Many documents on this web site are in Portable Document Format (.pdf) and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print. If you cannot open .pdf files on your computer, click this link in install the FREE version of Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.