Catalog Course Description: This course will provide students with the skills necessary to deploy and administer the core network services in a Linux system, such as Apache Web Server, Samba File Server, BIND Domain Name Service, Network File Service (NFS), and others.
Purpose of the Course: Students will learn how to install and configure Linux network services including Apache Web Server, Squid Proxy Server, Berkley Domain Name Service (BIND), Network File Service (NFS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Samba File Service (SMB), and Sendmail E-mail Service.
The student support materials for IST192 are located here or on Blackboard. All of your IST192 Chapter Assignments, Labs, Chapter Tests and Written Final Exam will be taken and/or submitted on moodle.beausanders.org.
- Create a user account for the Forum and participate in the topics that interest you with other students, past and present, in our various classes. You can participate in any of the many discussion topics, even those for other classes.
- Easily find the current Class Calendar by clicking the button in the menu bar on the left.
- Browse through the hundreds of informative Web site links that have been collected especially for our students by clicking the Links Directory in the Resources menu. Please add any of your favorite links that you feel other students can benefit from.
- If you need to look up acomputer term, try out our Geek Glossary. Thousands of computer terms from our courses are defined in a user friendly database, a big help when studying class material.
- Take part in the online Poll on beausanders.org and let your opinions be known! New polls are posted every few months.
- Add your e-mail address to our mailing lists by clicking on the Subscribe in the Main Menu.
This web site is intended for the exclusive use of students in this class. The purpose of this site is to provide copies of study materials and other resources that will help in the successful completion of this course. Students are encouraged to visit this site regularly and take advantage of these resources.
Many documents on this web site are in Portable Document Format (.pdf) and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print. If you cannot open .pdf files on your computer, click this link in install the FREE version of Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.